Normal business hours (8:30 am to 4:30 pm on weekdays, except state holidays):
- Call (808) 956-7927 if an emergency comes up and you need to speak with a counselor or if you are concerned about someone and need to consult a counselor.
- Walk-in (QLCSS Room 312) to speak with a crisis counselor for immediate assistance.
After hours (4:30 pm to 8:30 am on weekdays and 24 hours on weekends and holidays):
- On-campus residents:
- Contact a Counselor-in-Residence (CIR) - your Resident Assistant (RA), the RA on-call, a Resident Director (RD), or most housing staff members.
- Off-campus residents: Options include the following:
- Crisis Line of Hawaiʻi: (808) 832-3100, which handles all types of mental health crisis questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- ASK-2000 (275-2000) for a referral to other community resources.
- In a life-threatening situation, call the Honolulu Police Department (HPD) at 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
If you would prefer to text message someone instead, you can reach the Crisis Text Line by texting “ALOHA” to 741741.
Click on the below link for more information on what to do in the event of an emergency:
Responsible Office: UH Mānoa Counseling and Student Development Center
Contact: (808) 956-7927